UV coating is a clear compound that is applied to paper wet, then instantly dried by ultraviolet light. Numerous types of compounds are used to coat paper; these compounds are refined and mixed with viscosifiers that help them adhere to paper. A UV coating machine is used to apply the coating after printing. UV coatings can vary in reflectivity and thickness, depending on the application, though a high-gloss or subtle matte UV coating are typically used for premium printing applications. Furthermore, UV coatings has several advantages over other coating methods such as aqueous coating or varnish. They include:
• Very high shine finish
• Good abrasion resistance
• High clarity
• Environmentally friendly
• Instantaneous drying time with UV light exposure
Increasing electronics industry around the world is anticipated to propel the global UV coatings market. Furthermore, growing environmental consciousness driving the demand for green products, growth in demand for industrial wood coatings are also some of the major factors driving the UV coatings market globally. However, high price of UV coatings products is one of the major factor hampering the global market. Beside, development of new products and applications is expected to offer enormous opportunities for the players in the market.
Geographically, the UV coatings market is studied across the countries of key regions such as, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). Asia Pacific accounts for a largest market share in the UV coatings market. The market growth in the Asia Pacific region is attributed to the factors such as, growing high performance electronics coating demand and manufacturing facilities. China dominated Asia Pacific market on account of the rising electronics industry.
• The composition comprises of monomers, oligomers, photo-initiators and others. A monomer can be defined as a molecule that can combine with other molecules to form an oligomer or polymer. An oligomer can be described as a molecular complex comprised of a few monomer units.
• The formulation studied in the report are water-based and solvent-based. Water-based UV coatings are an industry breakthrough. This technology allows to match or create any custom color, without limitations to shade. Water-based UV coatings are also excellent when it comes to coverage and light stability. Their fast-drying time also makes it easier to coat large objects making this process perfect for any manufacturer.
• Various applications of UV coatings are wood, paper, glass, plastic, metals and others. This coatings are widely used in wood application, owing to the superior quality, low VOC, and promptly growing applications of these coatings in the wood & furniture industry.
• UV coatings are used in major end users such as industrial coatings, electronics, graphic arts and others. Among these, the industrial coatings are the largest end user of this coatings. The demand for UV-cured coatings is increasing significantly, primarily from the automotive industry. These coatings, owing to their superior physical durability, are highly suitable for applications in the automotive industry.
Prominent players in the global UV coatings market are Arkema SA, Asahi Glass Co., Ltd., BASF SE, CAC Pvt Ltd., Enaspol A.S., Fritz-Pak Corporation, Fuclear Technologies Inc., Fuclear Technologies Inc., HA-BE Betonchemie GmbH & Co. Kg, Hangzhou Lans Concrete Admixture, KAO Corporation, Lafarge, Lanya Concrete Admixture, Mapei S.P.A., Muhu (China) Construction Materials Co. Ltd., R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company Inc., Sika AG, Sure Chemicals, W. R. Grace & Company, HA-BE Betonchemie GmbH & Co. Kg, Rhein-Chemotechnik GmbH, Ruetgers Polymer Ltd., Sakshi Chem Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Shandong Wanshan Chemical Co. Ltd. and Air Products & Chemicals. New product launches, mergers & acquisitions are the key strategies adopted by market players to ensure their growth in the market.
The UV coatings market is classified by type, form, application and geography. The types comprises under UV coatings market are sulfonated naphthalene formaldehydes (SNF), polycarboxylate derivatives (PC) (polycarboxylic ether based (PCE), polycarboxylic ester based, polycarboxylic acid based (PCA)), sulfonated melamine formaldehydes (SMF), modified lignosulfonates (MLS), others. UV coatings are manufactured in various forms such as Liquid and Powder. Various applications of UV coatings are fly ash concrete, high-performance concrete, precast concrete, ready mix concrete, self-compacting concrete, shotcrete and others.
Why to buy this report: