Floral water is made by a process very similar to that of making essential oils from flowers that is by distillation of water using different processes. The flowers are crosses using the steam from water and once this steam is released from the container, it is condensed in a coil that has been cooled. The resultant liquid comprises the essential oil of the plant and water which is floral water. These floral water products vary in concentration which is expressed in the form of a percentage. The products have applications in food & beverage, beauty products, processed foods as well as medicines among the many uses. It is often confused with hydrosols, the latter being a by-product in the making of essential oils.
Floral Water Market Outlook
- The consumption of floral water has been witnessing a surge in the recent years. This is in line with the growing demand for the key end products like personal care and cosmetics, thus covering a wide range including most consumer goods. This is indicative of the diversity of the product and is a key factor driving its growth. Recent innovations introducing floral flavored beverages is another factor driving the consumption of floral water globally.
- Growing consumer interest in products with natural ingredients as well as awareness about its benefits would drive growth in the market. Likewise, a growing body of evidence suggests the harmful effects of chemicals widely present in a large number of regular use products has on the body. This has driven consumers to opt for products with natural ingredients like naturally derived floral water products.
Floral Water Market Regional Highlights
- North America and Europe together account for a major share of the floral water market in 2019. This is owing to a mature consumer base with awareness about the various types of products available on the market.
- The developing regions in Asia Pacific and Latin America are witnessing a phase of economic expansion. This has consequent effects on the disposable income as well as the number of working people as a proportion of the whole population. This interaction of demographic and economic factors would result in attractive opportunities for the key players in the floral water market over the forecast period from 2020 to 2026 as they can cash in on the rise in demand for cosmetic products among others.
Floral Water Market Segmental Overview
- Steam distillation involves the use of steam to extract and condense the floral extracts to obtain the floral water. Steam is introduced into a chamber that contains the raw material or flowers. The action of steam on the flower causes the essential oil containing sacs in the flower to burst which then transfers to the steam. This steam is then distilled to obtain the floral water.
- Rose floral water is a widely used product for its soothing properties while lavender is well-known for promoting relaxation.
- Floral water can be used in a range of personal care and cosmetics products to provide the benefits of the flower in various skin care products. They are also used in pharmaceutical formulations to provide the healthful properties of various flowers through medication.
Floral Water Market Key Players
The major companies operating in the floral water market include Alteya Organics, Gazignaire, Katyani Exports, Naturallythinking, Norfolk Essential Oils, Plantlife, Inc, Quinessence Aromatherapy Ltd, SEVESSENCE, Venkatramna Industries, and Vesselino among others.
The key players in the floral water market are keeping their ears to the ground so as to not miss out on any upcoming market developments. Keeping a pulse of the rapidly changing consumer behavior would benefit the makers and would enable them to stay ahead of the curve to obtain a competitive edge in a dynamic market. In this regard, new product development and adopting sustainable manufacturing practices is a leading strategy being adopted by the manufacturers given the nature of the market.