Carotene butter is conventional butter made form milk containing high levels of beta carotene as a result of being grass-fed. This imparts a characteristic dark yellow to orange colour to the milk and the butter made from it. Carotene butter exhibits a high degree of versatility given that it can be used across a range of preparations from food & beverage to skin care products. It can be used as a condiment, a flavoring in soups, or even to add color to various recipes while enhancing its nutritive value. Beta-carotene, the main ingredient in carotene butter, is fat soluble lending and owing to this characteristic, it can be used across applications. It combines the smooth and creamy texture of butter with the sweet and slightly nutty flavour of carrots to yield a multifunctional product.
Carotene Butter Market Outlook
- The consumption of carotene butter has been witnessing a surge in the recent years. This is in line with the growing demand for the key end products like personal care and cosmetics as well as food and beverages, thus covering a wide range including most consumer goods. This is indicative of the diversity of the product and is a key factor driving its growth.
- Growing consumer interest in products with natural ingredients as well as awareness about its health benefits would drive growth in the market. Likewise, a growing body of evidence suggests the beneficial effects of beta carotene for the health and skin as well. This has driven consumers to opt for products with natural ingredients like carotene butter.
Carotene Butter Market: Regional Highlights
- The study has been conducted across the key regions like North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. Rest of the World comprises Latin America and Middle East and Africa.
- Growing disposable income in the emerging regions of Asia Pacific and Latin America on the back of an economic expansion would bring hitherto unaffordable products within reach. These include a range of premium personal care items which use carotene butter.
- Further, North America and Europe dominate the market currently in 2019 owing to the favorable economic and demographic conditions.
Carotene Butter Market Segmental Overview
- Organic and conventional are the types of carotene butter used across applications based on their nature. The growing preference for organic products across segments would result in a surge in demand for organic carotene butter over the forecast period. This would lead to a surge in their use in various food products among others.
- Carotene butter is used in food & beverage as well as personal care & cosmetic products. The antioxidant content of beta-carotene possesses skin renewing and repairing properties. It also provides hydration to dry patches making it a natural alternative to conventional moisturizers.
- It is distributed through the online as well as offline channels. The online channel is projected to grow the fastest over the forecast period.
Carotene Butter Market Key Players
The major companies operating in the carotene butter market include Dr. Adorable Inc, Fonterra Co-operative Group, Kerrygold USA, Organic Valley, Uelzena eG, Wegmans Food Markets, and Africa Imports among others.
The key players in the carotene butter market are keeping their ears to the ground so as to not miss out on any upcoming market developments. Keeping a pulse of the rapidly changing consumer behavior would benefit the makers and would enable them to stay ahead of the curve to obtain a competitive edge in a dynamic market. In this regard, new product development and adopting sustainable manufacturing practices is a leading strategy being adopted by the manufacturers given the nature of the market.