Flowers are among the most sought-after solutions for a multitude of conditions—from headaches and digestive problems to mental health conditions like anxiety and fatigue. Flower extracts are often used in the form of essential oils, carrier oils and even ingested orally to derive its various benefits. It is also a popular constituent in skin care as a natural method to incorporate colour and fragrance apart from its cosmetic and therapeutic properties. They have been valued for their gentle and powerful medicinal properties that address many skin problems and have beautifying value as well. They contain vitamins and antioxidants that moisturize, cleanse and smoothen skin, and fight early signs of aging and free radical damage.
Flower Extract Market Outlook
- The consumption of floral extracts has been witnessing a surge in the recent years. This is in line with the growing demand for the key end products like personal care and cosmetics, thus covering a wide range including most consumer goods. This is indicative of the diversity of the product and is a key factor driving its growth.
- Growing consumer interest in products with natural ingredients as well as awareness about its health benefits would drive growth in the market. Likewise, a growing body of evidence suggests the harmful effects of chemicals widely present in a large number of regular use products has on the body. This has driven consumers to opt for products with natural ingredients like flower extracts.
Flower Extract Market: Regional Highlights
- The study has been conducted across the key regions like North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. Rest of the World comprises Latin America and Middle East and Africa.
- Growing disposable income in the emerging regions of Asia Pacific and Latin America on the back of an economic expansion would bring hitherto unaffordable products within reach. These include a range of premium personal care items which use essential oils and natural extracts.
- Further, North America and Europe dominate the market currently owing to the favorable economic and demographic conditions.
Flower Extract Market Segmental Overview
- Flower extracts are of various types including the popular variants of jasmine, lavender, and rose among others. Rose extracts have been used for their cosmetic and therapeutics properties since ancient times given their antioxidant and antiseptic properties among others.
- Organic and conventional are the key sources of the flower extracts. The growing preference for organic products across segments would result in a surge in demand for organic floral extracts over the forecast period.
- Flower extracts are available in liquid and powder forms. The liquid form is expected to have a rapid growth in the coming years owing to their wide applicability and use across products.
- Flower extracts are a common ingredient in natural personal care and cosmetic products. Its soothing fragrance and beneficial properties make it a popular choice for use in creams, salves, and the like.
Flower Extract Market Key Players
The major companies operating in the flower extract market include Augustus Oils Ltd, Biolandes, BMV Fragrances Pvt. Ltd, Bontoux, GRAU AROMATICS GMBH & CO. KG, Inovia International, Jurlique, Kanebo Cosmetics Inc, Maternatura Srl, NOW Foods, Oshadhi Ltd, Ovvio Pure Ayurvedic Indulgence, Sydney Essential Oil Co. Pty Ltd, Terra Spice Marketplace, and Young Living Essential Oils among others.
The key players in the flower extract market are keeping their ears to the ground so as to not miss out on any upcoming market developments. Keeping a pulse of the rapidly changing consumer behavior would benefit the makers and would enable them to stay ahead of the curve to obtain a competitive edge in a dynamic market. In this regard, new product development and adopting sustainable manufacturing practices is a leading strategy being adopted by the manufacturers given the nature of the market.