Floral extracts have been used since the ancient times in cosmetic products, as a linen freshener, and as a medicinal ingredient. Their properties extend far beyond simply providing olfactory and visual pleasure and are increasingly being used for their therapeutic properties. Certain flowers like rose, jasmine, and lavender are commonly used in personal care products owing to their mood-elevating and relaxing properties. The healthy fats in flower compounds contribute towards healthy, lustrous hair and skin. Floral extracts are catching up among the consumers in a big way owing to their clean nature while providing all the benefits that one can derive from a conventional albeit chemical-laden beauty or personal care product.
Flower Extract for Personal Care and Cosmetics Market Outlook
- The consumption of floral extracts has been witnessing a surge in the recent years. This is in line with the growing demand for the key end products like personal care and cosmetics, thus covering a wide range including most consumer goods. This is indicative of the diversity of the product and is a key factor driving its growth.
- Growing consumer interest in products with natural ingredients as well as awareness about its health benefits would drive growth in the market. Likewise, a growing body of evidence suggests the harmful effects of chemicals widely present in a large number of regular use products has on the body. This has driven consumers to opt for products with natural ingredients like flower extracts.
Flower Extract for Personal Care and Cosmetics Market: Regional Highlights
- The study has been conducted across the key regions like North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World. Rest of the World comprises Latin America and Middle East and Africa.
- Growing disposable income in the emerging regions of Asia Pacific and Latin America on the back of an economic expansion would bring hitherto unaffordable products within reach. These include a range of premium personal care items which use essential oils and natural extracts.
- Further, North America and Europe dominate the market currently in 2019 owing to the favorable economic and demographic conditions.
Flower Extract for Personal Care and Cosmetics Market Segmental Overview
- Flower extract for personal care and cosmetics are of various types including the popular variants of jasmine, lavender, and rose among others. Rose extracts have been used for their cosmetic and therapeutics properties since ancient times given their antioxidant and antiseptic properties among others.
- Floral absolutes are the form of the flower in an aromatic oil which is extracted from the petals of the flower and its other parts. This type of oil is widely used in personal care products for their benefits.
- Organic and conventional are the types of flower extracts used in personal care and cosmetic products based on their nature. The growing preference for organic products across segments would result in a surge in demand for organic floral extracts over the forecast period. This would lead to a surge in their use in personal care products among others.
- Flower extracts are derived using various methods like enfleurage. It is the process whereby flower parts like the fragrant petals are placed on a layer of animal fat. The fragrance is then allowed to diffuse into the fat over a few days post which a fresh set of petals are placed on the fat to repeat the process which continues till the desired level of fragrance concentration is achieved.
- Apart from imparting a pleasing fragrance to various cosmetic and personal care products, the floral extracts also provide various functional benefits like hydration and anti-aging qualities among others. They are also a popular ingredient in perfumes and fragrances.
Flower Extract for Personal Care and Cosmetics Market Key Players
The major companies operating in the flower extract for personal care and cosmetics market include Augustus Oils Ltd, Biolandes, BMV Fragrances Pvt. Ltd, Bontoux, GRAU AROMATICS GMBH & CO. KG, Inovia International, Jurlique, Kanebo Cosmetics Inc, Maternatura Srl, NOW Foods, Oshadhi Ltd, Ovvio Pure Ayurvedic Indulgence, Sydney Essential Oil Co. Pty Ltd, Terra Spice Marketplace, and Young Living Essential Oils among others.
The key players in the flower extract for personal care and cosmetics market are keeping their ears to the ground so as to not miss out on any upcoming market developments. Keeping a pulse of the rapidly changing consumer behavior would benefit the makers and would enable them to stay ahead of the curve to obtain a competitive edge in a dynamic market. In this regard, new product development and adopting sustainable manufacturing practices is a leading strategy being adopted by the manufacturers given the nature of the market.